NSW Crash Data

This dataset provides data professionals and road safety analysts direct access to road crash data.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://opendata.transport.nsw.gov.au/dataset/nsw-crash-data

I have some questions about this dataset. I am very appreciate if I can get some help:

(1) In this dataset, each row represents a crash, which may involve several traffic unit (TU) type, such as the crash between a vehicle and a pedestrian. At the second column of each row, we can see ‘Degree of crash’ (e.g., fatal, injury or non-casualty), but this dataset didn’t say the degree of crash is for which traffic unit, whether the vehicle driver or the pedestrian. I’d like to know how can I know this information (I’m not sure whether it is because of the privacy issue that this information can’t be released);

(2) Another question is I can see there are many (over than 700) crash cases related to ‘Motor scooter’, ‘Motorised push scooters’ and ‘Motorised scooter (mob. aid)’. I want to know what is the difference between these three modes. In addition, we know that personal e-scooters remain illegal on NSW roads and road-related areas, I’m curious that if all these crash cases are caused by illegal riding of e-scooters?