Transport for NSW Driver Licence Statistics

These datasets contain the total number of Licensing Transactions and Statuses. The data includes:

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://opendata.transport.nsw.gov.au/dataset/transport-nsw-driver-licence-statistics

Has NSW deliberately stopped publishing licence holder count data? I can only see counts of licences, and of course people can hold more than one licence so it’s no longer possible to know the number of licence holders (unless the data is hiding somewhere else - but I cannot find it in the interactive dashboards either). Data on licence holders is available but only up to 2022: Licensing statistics | Transport for NSW but the new feeds on open data omit this important data.

Can you please resume publishing of data of licence holder counts at the state level? It’s no longer possible to calculate the percentage of the population who hold a driver’s licence, which is a very important statistic in my view! BITRE are publishing these figures in their yearbook, but don’t have data beyond June 2022 for NSW.

Also, the data here is so disaggregated to age and postcode (nice in concept) that there are way too many “<=5” figures that makes it impossible to aggregate to state totals, which really limits the usefulness. Can you please find a solution to this - eg add a whole of state total to the LGA column?

Hi Chris, thank you for the feedback. We have sent this on to the relevant team for consideration. Currently these figures are not in the dashboard or exports and would require a project set up to include them.