Opal Trips - All Modes

This dataset contains a consolidated view of Official Utilisation figures across all transport modes (train, bus, ferry and light rail). Opal daily tap-on/tap-off data is aggregated to a total monthly figure representing the estimated number of trips across all transport modes.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://opendata.transport.nsw.gov.au/dataset/opal-trips-all-modes

The values for Light Rail in Jan 2018 are very different from the others.
17-Dec 18-Jan 18-Feb
879,306 193,720 758,889

The average is 755,793

Is this a transcription error? Was there an environmental issue?

Probably the result of the line closures between 1st and 15th and the partial closures from the 16th to 29th @mat_hounsell_uts

Does the data come out on a particular day/date of the month?

Hi @jeremythorpe. The Opal Trips - All Modes data is aggregated and released monthly, however there is no particular day of the month that it is released. A notification on the Forum is created when the new data is added.

@jeremythorpe just correcting my previous post. A notification is only for new datasets and not updated ones, so keep your eye on Opal Trips - All Modes | TfNSW Open Data Hub and Developer Portal!

Is API availabe for query? I am running , it says API error.

I don’t think so. Looks like downloadable files. Do you have a screenshot of the error?