Unable to access Real time GTFS Feed

Hello

I am trying to access the realtime GTFS feed for Alerts Timetable and vehicle position .
Curently the API authorisation is giving me issues where it says the application is unauthenticated.
Can someone please help.

Thanks

Hi @shveta.gupta,

Have you selected the APIs you want to use in your application setup? Using the correct credentials?

Have a look at our user guide below, make sure you’ve set up everything correctly:

If it still doesn’t work please provide a more detailed example and I’ll investigate further.

Thanks,
Alex

Hello Alex

Please find the error and the screenshot below . I have followed the guide you attached . Thanks for that , but this still errors

Hi @shveta.gupta, looks like you’re trying to call the API via the browser, is this correct?

If you are, unfortunately we don’t have CORS enabled and will therefore have to use the API on our API explorer or call it programatically using curl or whichever programming language you’re comfortable using.

Thanks,
Alex

Hello

Just a quick question .

Can I get historical actual train running times for Sydney Trains .

Or even a single day of actuals , Have already been able to get planned timetables .

Thanks

Shveta

Hi @shveta.gupta, we don’t store any historical data at this stage. The Transport Performance and Analytics site might have some stats. You could also ask in the forum whether any developers out there have what you need.

Thanks,
Alex

Hi @shveta.gupta, is there a specific timeframe you are after? I will see what we are able to supply.

Thanks a lot for getting back.

Not any specific timeframe as of now.

Any single day with planned , actuals and alerts , just to prototype something around causal analysis for a tool.

Thanks

Shveta

Hello David

Just a quick question .

We downloaded the real time vehicle position and alerts data in the protobuf format .

We are now trying to convert that into a schema on our big Data platform .

Just wanted to check, do you also have a .proto file of the schema for these outputs

Thanks

Shveta

Yes, check here: Troubleshooting | TfNSW Open Data Hub and Developer Portal

Direct link here: https://opendata.transport.nsw.gov.au/sites/default/files/tfnsw-gtfs-realtime.proto_.txt