Alpha Numeric Route numbers

A new Road Numbering System The NSW Government has made significant improvement to how motorists can find their way across NSW. Roads and Maritime has implemented a new system of alpha-numeric route numbering.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://opendata.transport.nsw.gov.au/dataset/alpha-numeric-route-numbers

alphanumeric route identification gpkg resource now updated to include M8

Any updates? I’ve seeing new signage going up but no data refresh.

For example, Dobroyd Pde, Haberfield and the surrounding has the A4 shield but A44 signs are appearing. The new Princes Mwy, Albion Park Rail bypass has M1 shields, and the old highway still displays A1. The motorway sound of the Albion Park Rail is displaying M1 shields but the data still says A1.

I’m sure there has been other progress around the state since 2021 too. Lookin forward to an update :slight_smile:

Hi Brendan,

we are looking into this now. Thanks!

It doesn’t look like there’s been any updates since Feb 24, 2021. An update scheduled soon? :slight_smile:

I hear we have a new M11. Any news to share? :slight_smile:

Hi @Brendan, still trying to find a data owner. We’re working on it!

Hi @Brendan,

Just to let you know there is now a working group within Transport that is looking at the route numbering strategy and one of the outcomes is updating this dataset.
They are aiming for an update before the year is out.

I’ll keep you posted on this. Thanks for your patience!

I see this dataset has been “updated” Aug 2023. But I also note M8 and M11 are missing.
Princes Motorway is also not up to date.

The last updated date was changed on all datasets when we migrated to the new platform in August this year.:slight_smile: