Trip Planner API - Departure_mon times?

Hey,

With the /depature_mon API, what is the point of providing a time? I provide a time and it lists all the departures before that and after it? I’m looking to just input the time and receive back departures after that time. Is this possible?

Hey @Lockie

Are you considering the departureTimeEstimated field too?

For some trips where real-time tracking is enabled, the departureTimeEstimated is populated and the filter is applied on that instead. If there’s no real-time data, the API departure time filter defaults to departureTimePlanned.

However, the sorting is applied on departureTimePlanned.

Thanks for the speedy reply, @jxeeno

I probably didn’t clarify this properly. I set, for example, itdTime on the API call to 2200 (10PM) for name_dm as 10101326 (Sydenham Station).

The returned JSON starts showing departures from: "departureTimePlanned": "2017-05-08T12:00:00Z", to "departureTimePlanned": "2017-05-08T13:35:00Z"

This doesn’t even show anything close to the time I put in?

Ah, it’s GMT/UTC time. The time is encoded in ISO 8601.

That means the time are from Mon, 8 May 2017 22:00:00 +10:00 to Mon, 8 May 2017 23:35:00 +10:00 in the current local timezone.

1 Like

Oh my gosh! Thank you very much. That was it haha. I wish they made more detailed documentation for this API

Hey @Lockie

We’re always open to feedback… I’ll ask the team to update the documentation to reflect the time zone and encoding details.

If there is anything else missing / needs updating please let us know.

And thanks to @jxeeno for the speedy assistance on the forum :slight_smile:

Regards
Yvonne

1 Like