Transport Mode Symbols and Pictograms

Here you can find symbols and pictograms for all transport modes to use in your apps, products or other projects.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://opendata.transport.nsw.gov.au/dataset/transport-mode-symbols-and-pictograms

Has a Metro iconset been created yet?

Is there a specific order that TfNSW services should be listed in, and where will MEtro ‘M’ be in this list

has it listed as T B F L C T

Will there be more icons in the future. Not just for public transport, but also private and shared transport?

@alejandro.felman

It looks like we’re missing a few commonly used symbols here… could we get icons for school bus, temporary bus, regional trains and regional coach? And if available, metro?

Hi @jxeeno, I’ll check this for you and add them to the dataset if they’re available. Thanks

Hi @hawkeyebasil1, the official order of the symbols is M T B F L T C

1 Like

Hi,

Thanks for providing this dataset.

I would like to note an error in the TempBus package. Incorrect icons have been uploaded.

Could you kindly upload the correct set of symbols?

Thanks and regards

1 Like

Hi @jomingara, we have fixed this up now. The correct symbols are now available.

Thanks for letting us know!

Hi @alejandro.felman thanks for that :slight_smile: How come Metro has now be given the Primacy over Trains?

Also Why isnt there a seprate icon set with the Darker orange for the NSWTrainLink (old Countrylink) services?

Same with why no proper Icon set for Coaches?

Hey @alejandro.felman is Metro also getting its own ‘Tick’ logo as well?

@hawkeyebasil1 to answer your questions…

1 - No particular reason why the “M” comes first, just marketing really.
2 - The darker orange is no longer used for NSW Trains, please use the normal orange T.
3 - I believe both private coach and Trainlink coach symbols are now up on the site.
4 - Not exactly sure what you mean by a “Tick” logo, can you please provide an example?

Thanks,
Alex

@alejandro.felman

1. Awsome ok I thought they may follow Mode Letter Order ala what TfL does
  2. Ok thanks - when did this change? :slight_smile: // Looking at Key to Lines and colours still has the Darker orange
  3. Looking at Symbols & Pictograms only has Coach is a JPG not as an eps file like the other mode sets in their zip files
  4. sorry I ment [Hop] not tick (https://www.underconsideration.com/brandnew/archives/nsw_transport_diagram.jpg)
1 Like

Hi @hawkeyebasil1 - we have been following up internally and the dark orange (aka burnt orange) is still in use for NSW Trains for branding purposes but not by our Wayfinding team. So you can continue using it for the Transport Mode symbols.

We’re doing a bit of an audit to see what mode symbols and pictograms we are missing and will update accordingly.

And yes for the hop there is a version for Metro :slight_smile:

Hi Yvonne Thanks for replying are there copies of the hop images for the modes that can be supplied

It sure what you mean by your statement on the burnt orange. Yes your right it’s not used on signs and maps

But you do still see it on website and the public transport overlays in say Apple Maps

1 Like

Are the opal card designs also available in EPS form?
In addition, can the single trip card design also be added (as seen on Opal single tickets | transportnsw.info for example)

Hey @isaaca,
Could you please email your request to OpenDataProgram@transport.nsw.gov.au?

Thanks!

1 Like

I responded 2 weeks ago, should I have expected some kind of response?

Hi @isaaca, we have sourced and published the EPS versions of the Opal Card designs (see the new resource Opal Card Images (EPS format)). For single trip cards there is additional text that is printed on the ticket so we’ll have to put more thought into if and how we publish these.

Hi Julie,
Thanks for following up about this - I can’t see these resources at the moment, could you please double check that they are available?
Thank you!