The Open Data Team is back for another big year of data, apps and innovation! 2018 is going to be very exciting as we continue to provide you with more open data, host innovation challenges, run our own hackathon (CongestionHack) for the first time and even launch our own blog.
Here’s some of the great things to keep an eye on:
- CongestionHack: our hacakthon to tackle congestion on our roads. Will be officially launched soon, go to https://opendata.transport.nsw.gov.au/open-data-hackathon-2018-congestionhack to find out more.
- Innovation Challenges: the Boating Companion challenge opened before the new year with more to be held throughout the year. Go to https://opendata.transport.nsw.gov.au/innovation-challenges to stay up to date with all challenges.
- More data! Browse our data catalogue to see all our data. Look out for announcements of new datasets throughout the year.
- TfNSW Open Data Blog! We will be launching our own blog in 2018 to cover some topics about our data, explain reoccurring issues and provide an insight into our team and our work.
- Transport Pitchfest is back for 2018. Go to https://opendata.transport.nsw.gov.au/transport-pitchfest to submit your idea. As usual we will be holding pitch events throughout the year.
That’s just some of the things that will be happening this year. As always we will continue our objective of providing you with the data you need to make awesome apps. Don’t forget you can make a request on this forum and also via Twitter.
-The TfNSW Open Data Team