Sydney Metro v2 Chatswood to Sydenham GTFS-S data now available!

:metro: What is happening?
The Sydney Metro extension from Chatswood to Sydenham will begin First Passenger Service on Sunday 4 August. The timetable data, including stops, times and route path, for the extension is now available in the Metro v2 GTFS-S feed.

What does this mean for me?
Data will flow through to the current Metro v2 API feed:
https://api.transport.nsw.gov.au/v2/gtfs/schedule/metro

The current North West Metro has the following details:
Route number: M
Route Name: Metro North West Line

The extension, commencing Sunday 4 August, will be known as:
Route number: M1
Route Name: Metro North West & Bankstown Line

How can I get further support?
Release documentation is available on Open Data Hub:

If you have any queries or feedback please post on this thread or email us at: OpenDataProgram@transport.nsw.gov.au

1 Like

:metro: Chatswood to Sydenham - First Passenger Service delayed :metro:

Please be advised that the opening of the Chatswood to Sydenham extension of Sydney Metro has been delayed and no new date has been communicated as yet.

Metro pushed out a new timetable file overnight, to remove the line extension from starting Sunday 4 August.

The extension is in the data as starting next Friday 9 August, but this date is not confirmed and is a guide only until we advise a new start date.

Thank you for your understanding and I will provide updates as soon as I hear them.

:metro: Sydney Metro Chatswood to Sydenham Update :metro:

• First Passenger Service date has not been confirmed yet
  • Data has been updated over night to keep metro route as M1 and revert the timetable to the North West operational timetable (Tallawong to Chatswood)
  • Extension data will be reinstated once FPS date is confirmed.

I will keep you updated as soon as I hear anything :slightly_smiling_face:

:metro: Sydney Metro Chatswood to Sydenham Monday 19 August 2024 :metro:

First Passenger Service will commence on services to Sydenham on Monday 19 August 2024

• Data has been updated over night to reinstate trips from Chatswood to Sydenham
  • First trip starting Tallawong to Sydenham 4:38am
  • First trip starting Sydenham to Tallawong leaves 4:54am
  • Real-time will be available for these services :tada: