Problem with realtime trip updates feed

Hi,

Since Wednesday the buses trip updates feed has (most? ) of its records with no trip_id. The latest feed I processed had over 66000 stop updates with no trip_id. The feed is useless without a trip_id to match against. It was working fine on Tuesday. Has there been a change, or is there something I don’t know?

Thanks,
Ned

Hi @nedsnow, could this be related to the outage that we reported yesterday? See Buses feed unplanned outage - 31/08/2016 11:40 AM - Real-time Public Transport - Open Data - Transport for NSW forum

If it’s all trips from around the time of the outage then I would say it’s related to that. If not, can you please provide an example so I can look into it further.

Thanks, Alex

Hi Alex,

On the face of it, it doesn’t appear that it has anything to do with the outage. I noticed that I wasn’t matching realtime updates to trips when I first looked at it about 5:45AM Wednesday morning. Here is a snippet from the current feed via the API explorer concerning a trip on a route I’m particularly interested in:

entity { id: "11954_75112752_2438_470" trip_update { trip { start_time: "11:50:00" start_date: "20160901" schedule_relationship: SCHEDULED route_id: "2438_470" }
As you can see, there is no trip_id element. It should look like this:

entity {
id: “8896_89575150082_2433_783_1”
trip_update {
trip {
trip_id: “21049”
start_time: “11:02:00”
start_date: “20160901”
schedule_relationship: SCHEDULED
route_id: “2433_783”
}

I hope this can be fixed soon, as I can’t do realtime updates until I can match them to trips.

Thanks,
Ned

Hi @nedsnow, we’re looking into it. I’ll get back to you as soon as I can. Thanks

Hi,
concerning this issue, it seems that most of the stop_time_update of the feed contain the field schedule_relationship set to NO_DATA, which means there is no RT information for that stop.

Is that normal?
Thanks in advance
TransitApp

Hi @nedsnow, @transitapp, this issue has now been fixed. You should see Trip IDs for all trips today. Please check and let me know.

Thanks,
Alex

Hi Alex,

The trip_ids look find now. Now I can’t connect to the feed :frowning:

Thanks,
Ned