Open Data Day 2019 - Friday 1st March

Open Data Day 2019 will take place Saturday, March 2nd. The TfNSW Open Data and Innovation Team will celebrate it on Friday, March 1st by hosting an event showcasing open data.

Open Data Day is an annual celebration of open data all over the world. For the ninth time in history, groups from around the world will create local events on the day where they will use open data in their communities. It is an opportunity to show the benefits of open data and encourage the adoption of open data policies in government, business and civil society.

To find out more about our event go to User account | TfNSW Open Data Hub and Developer Portal

If you are unable to attend but would like to have your question answered by our panel of experts please post your question in this thread.

Thanks,
The TfNSW Open Data and Innovation Team

Hey @alejandro.felman, do the pitches need to be transport related?

Hi @jxeeno, not necessarily, it can be anything that uses open data to benefit the citizens of NSW.

1 Like

I see this in the T&C’s:

(b) A summary of the proposed solution to be pitched.

How do we submit this?

Can we pitch multiple solutions, including both what we’ve done with open data and what we propose to do with more open data? (All within one pitching timeslot.)

If that makes the presenter ineligible for the prizes, would they still be allowed to present and use up a timeslot?

When you submit the pitch deck (if you do!) please include a short title or description so we can use it to help the judges and for our reference. (ie do it via email!)

1 Like

You have been allocated one timeslot.

Whilst we will give judges guidance on scoring, really the ranking for the prizes will be determined by them individually which will get rolled up as a decision.

Thanks Yvonne. I’m planning for my pitch to be a little different. i’ve worked on several projects using (and creating) open data, and just want to present a summary of many projects and their relationship with open data. Hope that will be ok.

Will email the pitch deck, title, and description when I have decided on one.

Thanks.

Thanks for all those who pitched on Friday and those who attended.

If you were unable to attend we were able to record the event (it was experimental so the sound quality isn’t great!) and it can be found here: bit.ly/TfNSWODD19

Photos from the day can be viewed here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/D1QaqUH6biC66sS77

1 Like

the photos link gives me a 404

Working fine for us, link is open to anyone

oddly it works in private browsing but not when i’m logged in to google… thanks