Syd surrounds GTFS_R

Good morning,

Referring to the GTFS-R feed for Sydney Surrounds, accessed via
https://api.transport.nsw.gov.au/v1/gtfs/realtime/regionbuses/sydneysurrounds.

The trip update message Id doesn’t have the TODISTRIPID populated as per the documentation

_

The position feed accessed via
https://api.transport.nsw.gov.au/v1/gtfs/vehiclepos/regionbuses/sydneysurrounds
has the same problem.

Im specifically looking agency at 6008

Kind regards

Brian

Hi @aat,
this was a known issue which has now been resolved as of Tuesday morning 23 August. It affected the tracking of Nowra Coaches.
Could you please check if this feed is now working?

Thanks,
Marcela

Hi Marcela,

The problem is still the same.

Kind regards

Brian

Hi Brian,

I note you mentioned “as per the documentation” in your first post. Please note that the bus documentation on ODH refers to bus feeds in the Sydney Metro and Outer Metro areas.

The TCB regional buses use a different system to generate feeds. We are currently in the process of reviewing documentation specific to TCB regional buses.

Cheers,
Marcela

Hi Marcella,

Thanks you are able to a supply a draft copy, so I can get a better understanding. In particular the trip update message Id

Kind regards

Brian

Hi Marcella,

Could you please investigate the data in the feed obtained from
https://api.transport.nsw.gov.au/v1/gtfs/realtime/regionbuses/sydneysurrounds

Specifically the StopTimeUpdate is rarely updated and the data contained in the getVehicle()->getId()
is repeated for for many different trips.

Whilst I understand the same vehicle can and will run a sequence of trips on a shift the stop sequence is never updated

Kind regards

Brian

Hi Marcella,

I have done some further investigation on this problem.

It appears the Trip Update messages a reporting data that is 1 hour delayed.

For example

This data is from todays (06/09/2022) feed.

Trip 1682142 (referenced from the Sydney surrounds GTFS bundle) is scheduled to start at 10:52 and finish at 11:48, specifically it is scheduled to be at stop 20 at 11:23

The Trip Update message shows vehicle 8572MO at stop 20 at 12:22:57 (time stamp from the Trip Update message header).

This problem is repeated for every Trip Update message processed from today’s feed for Agency Id 6008 (Nowra Coaches).

Can you please advise who this problem can be escalated too.

Kind regards

Brian

Hi Brian,
the TCB team have been notified and a ticket has been raised. I will follow up with your findings and get an ETA.

Cheers,
Marcela

Hi Brian,
hows Nowra Coaches looking? We ran a test yesterday and the realtime seemed ok. Nothing was done to rectify the issue. The team is still monitoring.

Hi Marcela,

Thank you for the update.

There is no change, TripUpdate message are still exhibiting the same problem. For example trip 1682429 is schedule to start at 10:54 and complete at 11:43 the TripUpdate messages are showing vehicle 2409MO at stop sequence 17 at 12:45, this 1 hour behind. Please note the position feed appears to be correct.

Could you please escalate this with the TCB team.

Kind regards

Brian

1 Like