Car park API

The Car Park API provides real time occupancy status of selected car parks. This initial release provides results for Opal Park&Ride car parks. Opal Park&Ride is a trial designed to free-up more spaces at commuter car parks for those who want to travel on public transport. The data feed contains the occupancy information by type in real time.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://opendata.transport.nsw.gov.au/dataset/car-park-api

Car park API now includes Sydney Metro commuter car park data !

4 Likes

The Car park API now includes historical car park data for Ashfield, Kogarah, Seven Hills and Manly Vale Park&Ride car parks and the Metro station car parks.

Hi all,

Please note that the number of spots provided in the table are for quick reference. Please do not hard code these figures as they may change from time to time. You can get the number of spots for each car park in the feed.

1 Like

Any plans to extend to other stations soon?

yes :slight_smile: (we’ll advise which ones when we can but there is a program of getting more out as we have the tech enabled)

1 Like

Thanks @yvonne.lee looking forward to it :slight_smile:

Gordon car park occupancy feed is now LIVE!

1 Like

There is an outage at Kiama Car Park, we will update once it has been resolved.

Hi all, the occupancy and the counters at Kiama car park will go out of sync on 21 May, 24-28 May due to trackworks at Kiama.

Hi all, the occupancy and the counters at Kiama car park will go out of sync from 16-21 June due to trackworks at Kiama.

Hi all, I have noticed that Bella Vista metro station is showing full for few days now, I have visited the station and it’s actually showing FULL on the sign but the parking has spots, might not be API issue but thought to post here to see if there us anyone looking into that?

Thanks,
Mohamed

Thanks for letting us know!
We will get it looked into (and I’m glad it’s not the API End :wink: )

1 Like

@Mohamed We’ve raised this with the support team and have been advised that equipment at Bella Vista is currently damaged and awaiting repair. We don’t currently have an ETA on a fix but will advise once we know.

Thank you very much for the update David.

Thanks,
Mohamed

Hi all, pls note that Seven Hills car park feed is down currently due to maintenance. We will advise when it’s back.

Hi all, pls be advised that Seven Hills car park feed is up.

Hi all, Narrabeen car park occupancy feed is now LIVE!

2 Likes

Hi - thank you for all you’re doing with this API, it’s really difficult to find quality sources of real-time off-street parking data like yours.

I was wondering if there was an option to get hold of historical data for a range of dates/facilities at a time as opposed to making a request for each carpark/day combination.

I’m trying to get hold of 100 days of data (across all carparks). This happens automatically whenever my pipeline detects that there isn’t enough data currently available for Sydney (and then it gets persisted for future use). I was hoping that I wouldn’t have to tell people using my project that the first time they run it, it would take 5 hours (each request takes around 15s for me).

Hi @xifong,

Thanks for your feedback.

One of the considerations when designing this API is timeout issue due to the amount of data.
Some car parks are sending the feed to us in much higher frequency as compared to the rest and this results in huge amount of data being stored for those car parks.

Regards,
Terence