What data do you want?

Hi @peternijhuis, have a look at the historical dataset we published recently, it contains the timetables for the month prior to the new timetables rolling out. We will try to publish more historical GTFS bundles in the future.

Also, as @jxeeno said, you might find the Transit Feeds website very useful.

Thanks,
Alex

Hi Dong… can you advise why these particular routes are of interest? Is the GTFS / TXC files OK or are you after the PDF type timetables?

Thanks
Yvonne

Hi Yvonne, after the analysis base on our database, the result of those bus line indicate to have large likelihood of bus bunching. So i would like to study if the timetable change would matter, by comparing with the new data based on timetable after 26 Nov.

any kind of files are okay if the date, arriving time and the location( stop location) can be show clearly. since the pdf showed on website are quite generally instead showing the arriving time of every stops, it may be easier for me to make the comparison.

many thanks
Dong

Dong zhao

yvonne.leeLeader
December 13 |

Hi Dong… can you advise why these particular routes are of interest? Is the GTFS / TXC files OK or are you after the PDF type timetables?

Thanks
Yvonne

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

In Reply To

Dong
December 8 |
Hi yvonne, I really need the timetable for bus number 461, 288, 373 and 394 for the period of time between Oct and Nov 25 ( before the new timetable updated on 26 Nov). Would this be possible? I try to find out that if the timetable or the initial departure time changing may influence the reliabil…

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

Hi @Dong

we’ve popped the timetables you are after into this dataset:

Kind regards
Yvonne

OMG, Thank you sooo much, Yvonne!
I have downloaded them all, thank you very much

Best regards
Dong

yvonne.leeLeader
December 14 |

Hi @Dong

we’ve popped the timetables you are after into this dataset:

Kind regards
Yvonne

In Reply To

Dong
December 13 |
Hi Yvonne, after the analysis base on our database, the result of those bus line indicate to have large likelihood of bus bunching. So i would like to study if the timetable change would matter, by comparing with the new data based on timetable after 26 Nov. any kind of files are okay if the date, …

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

1 Like

Hi Yvonne,
May I please ask that could I also get the same kind of historical timetable but for an even earlier period of time that can cover March and July of 2017?

The timetables for route number I need is 373, 392, 394, 396, 397, 399, 412, 422, 438 and 461 (there are ten different route numbers).

The time period I need should be March and July. It might be two separated timetable, so if it possible, could you please help me find totally 20 timetables for those two months.

Many many thanks in advance
Dong

We can ask but it may not be available easily… but as mentioned we can see what we can get.

Sorry @Dong we don’t have copies of those timetables. We are looking at archiving these in the future (and a solution to do this!). Perhaps someone on this forum can assist? Some of our community are great at collecting details such as this :slight_smile:

Hi Yvonne,
Thank you for the reply. It is quite difficult to get such historical like document, thank you very much anyway :smile:

1 Like

I was wondering if I could get my hands on the following data for my research. I am particularly looking at the Emu Plains to Wynyard route (both ways) for every month of 2017.

1. Number of trains
  2. Names of stations they stopped at
  3. Number of passengers that boarded and alighted at each station
  4. Utilization percentage (passengers to seats) of each train at each station
  5. Hour of day, or at least time slot (morning/afternoon/evening/night)

Having this data would be extremely helpful. Thanks.

Hi @yvonne.lee ,

Just wondering if there is an easy way to get my own opal card data, other than scraping pdfs?

Cheers,
Gordon

Hi @gordonmcdonald the data is available when you login to your Opal account (opal.com.au) – but you will probably still need to parse the data (can’t download it). You can also use the Opal Travel app.

Hi, I am working on a paper about mobile transit fare payment technology in Australia. There has been a trial on contactless Mastercard payments since July 2017 (recently expanded to include other bank cards and ferry lines). I would like to know if trip data on the ferry trials are available so that I can include some quantitative analysis using local data.

Or how much it costs to upgrade the software system of card readers, relevant but not as important.

Hi @LinjiChen, we’re checking with the various data teams to see if they have anything that might be useful to you. Will let you know soon.

Thanks,
Alex

Hi @LinjiChen, I think we found what you’re looking for. Have a look at the figures in the Transport Performance and Analytics website - Ferry Patronage - Card Type | Transport for NSW

The CTP card type shows contactless payment numbers.

Hopefully this is will help you with your work.

Thanks,
Alex

Thank you Alex! This is the information I have been looking for. Open Data is amazing hahaha :wink:

Cheers,
Linji

2 Likes

Just a reminder you can pop your requests here or nudge us here… unfortunately many data sets are still ‘in process’ of being made open or have impediments to release.

We have noted (due to our close relations with Data.NSW :slight_smile:) that the request for Speed Zone sign data has come up again.

We are still working on releasing the speed zone data… so stay tuned. It will pop up as it’s own thread once available.

Hi @yvonne.lee,

Are you able to provide an ETA for the Sign Posted Speed data? This is something I started asking for 2-years ago so it would be great to have it available before the end of this year.

Hi @adam.ricketts, we’re still working on it unfortunately. Will let you know once it’s available. Thanks