Calling all innovators and app developers!
Can you create an app to help recreational boaters navigate the waterways?
Transport for NSW (TfNSW) and Roads and Maritime Services (RMS) want you to pitch us on the development of a boating companion app to provide recreational boat users with information and tools for a safe and enjoyable journey!
We will be releasing Maritime datasets which can be incorporated to assist in your development of the app.
- Applications Open - Monday 27th November 2017
- Information Night - Tuesday 5th December 2017 at 6pm - click here to get tickets
- Applications Close - Friday 19th of January 2018
- Pitch Day will be held on Tuesday 13th February 2018
- Teams who are eligible for incubation and seed funding will be announced by Friday 9th of March 2018
A launch date for the app with Transport for NSW (TfNSW) and RMS is targeted for mid 2018.
For more information about the challenge, judging criteria, FAQs and to enter your submission please go to https://opendata.transport.nsw.gov.au/boating-companion-innovation-challenge
If you have any other questions feel free to post in this thread.
Looking forward to seeing all your entries! Good luck.
-The TfNSW Open Data Team